About You by Homeless Radio

 "About You" by Homeless Radio, from Izyum, Ukraine - @homelessradio1 - is a very well written love song that has a really cool song structure, starting calm and reflective with really nice clean electric guitars strumming, then joined by the rhythm section, and on-point vocals delivering a catchy melody.  I hear the guitar player taking some melodic solos, plus filling in many areas with improvisation.  Lots of talent with that guitar, and the band as a whole.  I also like the choice to layer the vocals...fits so well with a voice like this.

I'll point this out right now...I love how the drums and bass work together rhythmically, are super tight, and are mixed very well to compliment one another.

I have two pieces of the song that I LOVE so much, and this is along the lines of songwriting creativity.  Most of the way through the song, there is a break for the bridge that brings it all the way down after the lyrics "And this song about you - It is for you, my love..." where the vocals hit a couple higher notes with "my love".  This is where the song drops off with just ride keeping the rhythm.  The clean guitars are picking away, then building up again while being joined by the rhythm section.  Now the second piece of this song I LOVE so much is when it doesn't just stop building there...It builds up even further with distorted electrics (just introduced in the song for the first time) taking over and adding an incredible touch of intensity.  I love how the bridge bring the song to a close.  No more vocals and lyrics.  The guitars did the speaking to the end with melody and all.

One thing I love about being a song reviewer is coming across songs like this that will show me incredible songwriting like this.  It's not a usual song structure and I appreciate that since it created a new and cool story for me.  It was meant to be this way and was delivered perfectly.

Homeless Radio members -> I hope you are staying safe and continue to keep rocking.  Thank you so much for sharing this song.  You have a new fan, and I hope that this review helps others discover you.

This song is the first song to be added to the "Calm the Storm" as it is the first that has a reflective feel to it.

Check out this song on your favorite streamer using this SongWhip link.

https://songwhip.com/homelessradio/about-you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The World is on Fire" - 2 song single by Titanosaur

"Same Stars" by Girl With a Hawk

Wolves in the Graveyard by This Side of Anarchy