for real by nate snow

 Yes, the song title and artist's name are all lower case, just as it is in Spotify.  :)

My first reaction to nate snow's song called "for real" (from Nova Scotia, Canada) was to suddenly stop everything and FOCUS...is every single instrument in the mix extremely distorted?  Why yes, I believe every single noise in the song distorted.  I can't fully tell if the distortion on the drums comes from extreme compression and the master volume being high above the limits, or if the drums were played much harder than what the gain limits were when recording...or what.  Maybe they are drum samples?  The vocals and bass seem to have a cleaner distortion!  It definitely feels like all the speakers are busting and about to blow!

OK, I said the above...but I think it's a really cool idea!  I can't imagine the bass not sounding as piercingly energetic and obnoxious as it is...because it leads the whole song...and the vocals are very rhythmically catchy.  What an incredibly creative song.  It's definitely a song that makes a person need to stand up and shake it. (I said this in an earlier review, too...I don't dance)

I also love how a voice that doesn't match the lead vocal (same person?  different person?) comes in when the bass cuts out.

This song is for real, for real, for real now...for real, for real, for real now.

They definitely did a good job getting a good feeling groove going.

Check them out on your favorite streamer using this SongWhip link!

https://songwhip.com/natesnow/for-real

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The World is on Fire" - 2 song single by Titanosaur

"Same Stars" by Girl With a Hawk

Wolves in the Graveyard by This Side of Anarchy