Anesia by Agency Panic

ALERT!!!***November 25th, 2022 Release Date!***

This is the second song from Agency Panic (from Ireland) that I've reviewed, and honestly I cannot get enough of from this band.  "Anesia" is a much different different track from anything they've made previously, but it keeps the dark, progressive rock feel all at the same time.  I'm honored to be able to prepare a song review before its release date to aid in it's release!

The song starts with what sounds like possibly carnival music slowing down to a complete stop.  Then in the emptiness comes lower-end synths pounding the rhythm with soundscapes over the top.  Voices enter fighting through the static of an old radio station that's just barely in reach bring up political conspiracy insinuations.  Sounds of pounding drums come in with smooth, dark vocals and detuned guitars.  The rhythm guitars are metal...reminding me of chain saws cutting through machinery, and the lead guitars are finding melody in the dark world of gigantic machines creating an intense fog of dust all over the underground factory by crushing bones and souls.

One thing I love about this track is the vocals are used as an instrument.  It doesn't sit on top of the mix.  I even hear screams filling in the intense landscape that drive the intensity to a maximum!

Nine Inch Nails enthusiasts should devour this gut wrenching, rhythmic pounding track.  This song would fit into an intense action-packed soundtrack for a movie...possibly a dark science fiction?  :)

Sounds of torment ---
"I a stranger and afraid... | In a world I've never made... | I'll decide my path | My own fate... | I a stranger all alone... | In this world its not my own | Don't recognize anyone | Anymore..."

What an intense lyric...showing deep frustration and despair...possibly concerning others trying to control lives.  The feeling of freedom and hope disappearing...being in a situation not self-created.  Self-proclaiming sole-decision-making.  What an incredible portrayal of such intense emotion!

This song has been added to the "Fight the Storm" playlist.

Listen to this track on your favorite streamer using this SongWhip link:
https://songwhip.com/agencypanic/anesia



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The World is on Fire" - 2 song single by Titanosaur

"Same Stars" by Girl With a Hawk

Wolves in the Graveyard by This Side of Anarchy